A foot-operated air valve control, pressure regulator, air gauge, oiler/condenser cups and neoprene, padded holddown feet are standard features. We recommend a maximum air supply of 75 psi for operating these shears at rated capacity. Where air supply pressures exceed 75 psi, an in-line regulator is helpful to provide pressure control.
The model 52H cycles at 45 strokes a minute, thanks to its first class hydraulic system. The hydraulic unit is of a low maintenance design featuring a solenoid actuated valve, 3-hp electric motor, self-contained pump in tank with pressure gauge, check valve and industrial quality cylinders. The motor is protected by a magnetic starter.
Other electrical safety features include a low voltage on/off switch; low voltage, shrouded, electric foot switch; step-down transformer with low voltage circuit fuse; fully enclosed electrical box; and insulated reinforced conduit for all wiring. Models 36A and 52A are ideal ways to enhance shearing productivity with minimal investment.
All shears are standard, equipped with highcarbon/high-chromium (HCHC) blades.
Standard equipment includes back gauge, front extension arms with stop, bevel gauge, graduated side gauges, foot control and neoprene padded holddown feet.
Available options: Squaring arm and one-shot lubricating system.
- Maximum shearing capacity, mild steel: 16 gauge (1.6 mm)
- Maximum shearing capacity, stainless steel: 20 gauge (1.0 mm)
- Maximum cutting length: 52.25" (1327 mm)
- Back gauge range: 30" (762 mm)
- Front gauge range:37" (940 mm)
- Floor space, gauges in position: 60" x 80" (1524 x 2032 mm)
- Dimensions, less gauges: 61" x 25" x 42" (1550 x 915 x 1067 mm)
- Strokes per minute, full length: 40
- Maximum operating pressure: 75 psi / 5.1 atmos.
- Air consumption per stroke: 1.33 cu. ft. (0.038 cu. m.)
- Shipping weight: 1085 lbs (492 kg)
Note: the picture above shows the 52H Hydraulic chear; this listing is for the Model 52A air-powered shear.
Request a Quote Today!
This item requires additional attention to provide you with the most competitive delivered price. We welcome you to request a quote by adding the item to your cart and proceeding through the checkout steps. When prompted for payment information, simply select ‘Quote Request’ and continue on. A specialist will be notified and contact you straight away with a complete quote!