TENNSMITH’s HBU Series box and pan hand brakes are an economical tool for a wide range of sheet metal bending and forming operations.
The Model HBU72-16 can handle 6 feet of 16-gauge and lighter materials. This hand brake is ideal for both box and pan and straight bending in hot and cold rolled plate, stainless steel, aluminum and heavy plastic.
Ample clamping and nose bar adjustments allow for the bend radius necessary for your application. Welded steel plate construction and heavy truss rods and braces provide strength and rigidity.
This brake features a removable apron insert for 1/4-inch bends in lighter material. The upper leaf adjustment screws feature thrust bearings to prevent upper beam creep. Ductile steel clamp handles, heavy counterweights and an apron stop rod add to the brake’s ease of operation.
The removable fingers are case hardened for long service. Tennsmith’s box and pan hand brake is a productive addition to any shop doing prototype or design work, fabrication or short run production in heavier materials.
The HBU72-16 features:
Note: the picture above shows the HBU48-12 4-foot brake; this listing is for the 6-foot model.
- A mild steel capacity of 16 gauge (1.6mm)
- A stainless steel capacity of 20 gauge (1.0mm)
- A bending length of 72" (1829mm)
- A maximum beam-lift of 1.5"" (38.1mm)
- A front-to-rear beam adjustment of 1" (25mm)
- A minimum reverse bend of 1/4" (0.6mm)
- A minimum flange in capacity material of 1" (25mm)
- Finger widths of 2", 3", and 4" (51, 76, and 101mm)
- Dimensions with counterweights in place of 96x36x53in (2438x915x1346mm)
- A shipping weight of 1700lb (772kg)
Request a Quote Today!
This item requires additional attention to provide you with the most competitive delivered price. We welcome you to request a quote by adding the item to your cart and proceeding through the checkout steps. When prompted for payment information, simply select ‘Quote Request’ and continue on. A specialist will be notified and contact you straight away with a complete quote!