Swenson Heavy Duty Pivot 48 Inch Shear
The Heavy Duty Pivot Shear is user-friendly and guarantees a clean cut every time by eliminating burred edges and flying metal. Our shear was designed and manufactured in the USA and aims to make cutting exposed fastener panel as easy as possible. This tool is ideal for shearing heavy gauge exposed-fastener panels, with the ability to shear straight at 90 degrees and up to an 8/12 gable. The shear is transportable and weighs 120lbs.
The shear comes with one custom blade set of your choice. Each blade set is custom made to accommodate a specific profile and pitch however, the gable blades can be cheated 1/12 up or down from the blade set ordered. The base of the shear is built to accommodate these custom made interchangeable blades. In order to achieve an angled cut or accommodate multiple panel profiles, additional blade sets are required.
- Will shear straight at 90* and do up to a 2/12 gable
- 4/12 Gable Blade:
- Achieve between a 3/12-5/12 gable
- 7/12 Gable Blade:
- Achieve between a 6/12-8/12 gable
- Used for Straight Cuts and Gable CutsPanel Sizes:
- Can shear exposed fastener panel up to 48″ in width
- Recommended Panel Thickness:
- 24 Gauge
- Straight cuts and gable angles
- Interchangeable Blade Sets:
- The blade sets can be changed to accommodate any manufacturers panel profile.
- Blades are custom made to match the exposed fastener panel profile needed.
- Separate blades will be needed for each panel profile or to achieve various angle cuts.
- Cuts Achievable:
- Can cut straight at 90* and up to a 8/12 gable with additional blade sets.
- Switching Blades:
- Switching between blade sets takes only a few minutes.
- All that is needed is 3/16″ Allen Wrench and 1/2″ wrench.
- Lifetime of Blades:
- Blades have been shown to last for thousands of cuts with proper care.
Request a Quote Today!
This item requires additional attention to provide you with the most competitive delivered price. We welcome you to request a quote by adding the item to your cart and proceeding through the checkout steps. When prompted for payment information, simply select ‘Quote Request’ and continue on. A specialist will be notified and contact you straight away with a complete quote!