Grizzly 18 Inch x 47 Inch Heavy Duty Wood Lathe - G0733
Need a solid cast-iron lathe with big capacity? Well, look no further, because this 18" x 47" Wood Lathe has it all! You'll appreciate the cast-in shelf brackets for adding additional mass, variable-speed control in two torque ranges, digital speed indicator, forward and reverse switch and convenient utility basket. Single-phase frequency drive technology provides the electronic variable-speed control without the three-phase power requirement. All you need is standard 220 Volt, single-phase power to be up and running in no time. You'll be amazed by all the quality and innovative features this lathe has to offer!
We changed from a (brushless) DC motor to a 3-phase AC motor for several reasons. It's quieter, electrically more efficient, and provides smoother power output - especially at slower speeds. The DC motor design can be a bit choppy at slower speeds, and while most users wouldn't notice this, we decided it was worth the upgrade. Also, 3-phase AC motors are the most reliable motor design that there is. So the change improves both the performance and reliability of an already outstanding heavy-duty wood lathe.
- Motor: 2 HP, 220V, 3-phase with single-phase frequency drive
- Power requirement: 220V, single-phase
- Swing over bed: 18"
- Distance between centers: 47"
- Heavy-duty, precision-machined cast-iron bed and cast-iron legs ensure stability and minimal vibration
- 1-1/4" x 8 TPI RH headstock spindle
- Variable spindle speed control with digital readout
- Speed range: high: 330–3200 RPM, low: 100–1200 RPM
- MT #2 spindle & tailstock tapers
- Spindle bore: 0.393"
- Overall dimensions: 80-3/4" long x 19-1/16" wide x 48-1/16" high
- Approximate shipping weight: 550 lbs.
- Spur center
- Cup live center
- Knock-out tool
- Tool rest
- 6" Faceplate
- Electronic variable-speed control
- Digital spindle speed indicator
- 30° direct indexing using 1 indexing hole
- 10° indexing using all 3 indexing holes
- Headstock can be positioned anywhere along the bed
- Tailstock, headstock and tool rest support have lever-action cam locks for quick positioning
- Belt drive offers 2 speed ranges
- Forward/reversing switch
- Emergency stop switch
Request a Quote Today!
This item requires additional attention to provide you with the most competitive delivered price. We welcome you to request a quote by adding the item to your cart and proceeding through the checkout steps. When prompted for payment information, simply select ‘Quote Request’ and continue on. A specialist will be notified and contact you straight away with a complete quote!