Grizzly Heavy-Duty Floor Model Gearhead Drill Press - G0779
In the world of industrial drill presses, newcomer G0779 is a heavy hitter with a 2 HP, 220V, 8.6A motor, a massive 2-15/16' quill, a 4-1/2' column diameter, and a 1-1/2' drilling capacity in cast iron or 1-1/4' in steel. The geared head is equipped with a forward/reverse switch, 6 spindle speeds from 90–1970 RPM, convenient quick-change gearbox controls for spindle speed, and an R-8 spindle taper. With a swing of 23-3/8' and a spindle travel of 5', this machine can handle whatever comes its way. The head tilts 90 degrees left and right, and has a vertical travel of 10-1/2', while the 19-5/8' x 18' table tilts 60 degrees left and right with a vertical travel of 24-3/8'. Both head and table are mounted on independent rack and pinions for ultimate positioning versatility. Two 9/16' T-slots are located on both table and base for added usability. The table swivels 360 degrees around its center, and both table and head swivel 360 degrees around the column.
- Solid cast iron construction
- R-8 spindle
- Table equipped with lock levers
- 1/64' - 1/2' drill chuck
- 360 degree table positioning around column
- Base has precision-ground work surface with two 9/16' T-slots
- Motor: 2 HP, 220V, single-phase, 1720 RPM, 8.6A
- Swing: 23-3/8'
- Max. distance spindle-to-table: 26-1/2'
- Table size: 19-5/8' L x 18' W x 1-3/4' H
- Vertical table travel: 24-3/8'
- Table swivel: 360 degrees
- Table tilt (left/right): 60 degrees
- Vertical head travel: 10-1/2'
- Head tilt (left/right): 90 degrees
- Spindle speeds: 6 (90, 210, 345, 670, 1180, 1970 RPM)
- Spindle taper: R-8
- Quill diameter: 2-15/16'
- Drawbar thread size: 7/16'–20
- Drawbar length: 17-3/4'
- Drilling capacity: Cast iron: 1-1/2', steel: 1-1/4'
- T-Slot width: 9/16' (2 on table, 2 on base)
- Overall dimensions: 25' W x 80' H x 33' D
- Footprint: 26' L x 18' D
- Approximate shipping weight: 786 lbs.
Request a Quote Today!
This item requires additional attention to provide you with the most competitive delivered price. We welcome you to request a quote by adding the item to your cart and proceeding through the checkout steps. When prompted for payment information, simply select ‘Quote Request’ and continue on. A specialist will be notified and contact you straight away with a complete quote!